Program Communications Intern / Work Study
· Support program registration, tracking attendance, and artwork submissions.
· Attend classes from time to time to engage with students, meet professional teaching artists, and engage with our arts and music programming firsthand.
· Lead students on Access Art trips to various performances and tours, tracking attendance and setting a positive example for students to participate.
· Assist with exhibit preparation, including artwork collection, matting, and display.
· Communicate with students regarding class registration, attendance, Access Art, and exhibit coordination via phone and email.
· Learn how to utilize Mail Chimp and Form Assembly for student outreach.
· Assist with outreach to social service partners for program brochure distribution across central Seattle.
· Participate in weekly staff and program team meetings.
· Check in with a Program Manager or Program Director every 1-2 weeks regarding progress, tasks, feedback, and any concerns or questions.
· Assist with organization of files and maintaining the office area as needed.
· Gain firsthand experience in multiple facets of nonprofit management.
· Work both independently and in a small team to complete important projects that fulfill the organization’s mission.
· Learn and/or improve upon skills with software such as Salesforce, Adobe products, and Microsoft Excel.
· An undergraduate student or a graduate student working towards a degree in Art History, Studio Art, Social Work, Human Services or other relevant disciplines. Recent graduates will also be considered.
· Personable, communicative, and willing to engage with multiple constituencies and groups of people via email, on the phone, and in person.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
· Sincere interest in Path with Art’s mission.
· Sense of humor and willingness to pitch in where needed.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
1+ years of administrative experience is preferred.
1+ years of experience (volunteer or paid) working directly with our student population is preferred.
· Unpaid if taking for credit
· Potential for small stipend & travel reimbursement
· Work study eligible at $15.00/hr
The intern must make a commitment of a minimum of 3 months and maximum of a year dependent on school internship requirements. The average weekly time commitment will be 10-20 hours per week. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, inclusive of schedule availability, and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Path with Art
Path with Art transforms the lives of adults in recovery from homelessness, addiction, and other trauma by harnessing the power of creative engagement as a bridge to community and a path to stability. All year round, we provide free arts education, immersion, and engagement opportunities, at no cost to eligible participants. Path with Art is driven by its Vision: A world where arts engagement is recognized as transformative––connecting the individual with self, the self with community, and communities with society. In this world, the power of arts engagement is available for all.